[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Antw: Re: Integrating Encryption Module to Netscape

>  It is not at all clear that it would be legal.  By sending the non-crypto
>part of Netscape Navigator outside the US for the purposes of retrofitting
>strong crypto, we may be commiting a criminal conspiracy to get around
>the ITAR.  The whole thing is a horrible mess that makes little sense
>to normal humans, and does not seem subject to logic.

If you would remove all calls to crypto-related functions, it would be le=
gal,
wouldn't it? It would be more work to put it in again, though.

Peter

Peter Lipp, IAIK, University of Technology, Graz
Dept. for Applied Information Processing and Communication
Klosterwiesgasse 32/I, A-8010 Graz, +43 316 873 5513